Becoming a mentor is extremely easy and there are many willing mentors available to help you out and lend advice.
The steps below, which are also all available in the ‘Mentor Information Pack‘, will guide you through what to do next:
- Download our mentor information pack here.
- Register below or here.
- Receive our charity updates and connect with other professionals and our One Degree supporters network via our public LinkedIn group here.
- Receive One Degree session updates, meet-ups and social event updates via our ‘private mentor only’ LinkedIn group here.
- Read latest mentor updates/newsletters here.
- Attend one of the below mentor training dates (more details in our mentor information pack here) –
– Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 1830-2100
– Wednesday, 11 October 2017, 1830-2100
– Thursday, 26 October 2017, 1830-2100
– Monday, 6 November 2017, 1830-2100
Sign up for one of these dates and choose mentoring sessions that suit you here
- Get an Enhanced CRB/DBS Certificate to enable you to legally work with our students (more details in our mentor information pack). One Degree helps you with this free of charge.
- Choose your *mentoring days via SignUp here
- If possible, get your company to match your hours (more details in our mentor information pack here.
- Finally, join, tag & share your story via our other social media networks to help promote One Degree and your new volunteering challenge – Facebook; Twitter & Instagram