Becoming a mentor is extremely easy and there are many willing mentors available to help you out and lend advice.
The steps below, which are also all available in the ‘Mentor Information Pack‘, will guide you through what to do next:
- Download our mentor information pack here.
- Register below or here.
- Receive our charity updates and connect with other professionals and our One Degree supporters network via our public LinkedIn group here.
- Join our ‘private mentor only’ LinkedIn group here and receive One Degree session updates, meet-ups and social event updates.
- Read latest mentor updates/newsletters here.
- Attend a One Degree mentor training sessions (more details in our mentor information pack here). Next training session:
– Monday, 22 January 2017, 1830-2100. Sign up here
- Please send us documents required for us to apply for an Enhanced CRB/DBS Certificate on your behalf. This will enable you to legally work with our under 18 students (more details in our mentor information pack). One Degree helps you with this free of charge.
- Choose your *mentoring days via SignUp here.
*A minimum of 3 mentoring sessions are required per mentor
*All our programme sessions for 2017/2018 will be held at Westminster Academy, W2 5EZ (directions here)
- If possible, get your company to match your hours (more details in our mentor information pack here).
- Join, tag & share your story via our other social media networks to help promote One Degree and your new volunteering challenge – Facebook; Twitter & Instagram.
- Join our ‘private mentor only’ LinkedIn group here and introduce yourself as a new mentor – we can then find you a current mentor to have a chat with and be a mentor you can shadow for your first session.