Becoming a mentor is extremely easy and there are many willing mentors available to help you out and lend advice.
The steps below, which are also all available in the ‘Mentor Information Pack‘, will guide you through what to do next:
- Download our mentor information pack here.
- Register below or here.
- Join our MyOneDegree Community Google Group here to hear about mentoring advice and mentor meet-ups.
- Connect with our LinkedIn professional network here and expand your contacts.
- Read latest mentor updates/newsletters here.
- Attend One Degree training (more details in our mentor information pack here).
- Get an Enhanced CRB/DBS Certificate to enable you to legally work with our students (more details in our mentor information pack). One Degree helps you with this free of charge.
- If possible, get your company to match your hours (more details in our mentor information pack here).
- Finally, join, tag & share your story via our other social media networks to help promote One Degree and your new volunteering challenge – Facebook; Twitter & Instagram