We did it, now the work begins!
Thanks to you, we did it! For the first time since 2015 we managed to successfully complete a mid-year Big Give campaign!
This now means over the summer we can provide extra support and planning for what is likely to be a new-look One Degree resuming in the Autumn. Read more below:
How you can help now | How you can help later
How you can help a little now and a lot later!
Pledge now, donate later!
If you missed out on our Summer Give / Champions for Children campaign, don’t worry, that was only the start!
Pledging is now open for our Xmas Big Give Challenge:
- We are looking for £6k in pledges before the 28 August 2020.
- Pledges have to be made through the Big Give platform here.
- You wont have to convert your pledge into a donation until December 2020.
- At the end of the campaign the donations will be matched by the Big Give bringing in a total of £30k
If you wish to pledge or donate, and any of this is unclear, please get in touch and we can talk you through the process.
How you can volunteer right now!
“The COVID-19 pandemic has had a huge impact on the education environment, the 2020/21 academic year will be like no other, with many students entering year 11 less well prepared or GCSE’s than their predecessors. As schools adapt to the new challenges, One Degree will be adapting our approach as well. The value of One Degree, and how we supplement the efforts of the schools we work with, is going to be even greater, but only if we change the way we plan and engage.”
~ Toby, One Degree Trustee, Mentor & Donor
Plan now, volunteer later!
We are planning for our next programme which will take on several formats including both online and in-person sessions. The online side of our programme developed rapidly during the ‘lockdown’ but in order to increase engagement and value to our students we need to create more original digital content; here is how you can help us right now…
We need virtual volunteer content creators!
What we need:
- Original content on the skills needed in today’s world with regards to education and employment. Read more about what this means here.
- Original stories to give these skills context.
How we need it:
- Filmed short videos explaining skills needed – 5 minutes or less per topic.
- Filmed short videos telling your stories and personal experiences – 5 minutes or less per story.
AND / OR
- Text explaining skills needed – one page per skill.
- Text telling your stories – one page per skill.
Why we need it:
- Using a combination of online and in-person sessions with references to online resources, examples and personal mentor explanations means we can most effectively match what One Degree is all about with the current needs of our students.
- Having different perspectives on one topic is super valuable, especially if the student has come into contact with you as a mentor already.
- The greater the volume and variety of digital content we can offer in terms of topics and diverse voices makes our service offering more compelling to the schools we work with and want to work with.