Job Title Operations Manager: Part-time/Consultant
Reporting to CEO
Remuneration £150.00 per day
One Degree mentors and empowers GCSE students from disadvantaged backgrounds by developing their self-belief and transforming their academic performance.
Our annual 15-25 session inspirational boot camps have transformed the lives of hundreds of students in London since 2009. We have attracted over 700 volunteer mentors from diverse professional backgrounds including Banking & Finance, Media, Law, Medicine, Engineering and IT to volunteer their time to successfully mentor our students.
One Degree is now looking to recruit a key member of our team – a part-time, enthusiastic and passionate team member, who with the help of our CEO, will (prepare and) run our weekend mentoring programme.
The team member will be responsible for assisting with the operations of our annual 25-session programme. This will require co-ordination skills, and event planning experience, together with a passion for working with and inspiring young people.
Excellent communication and people skills are therefore at the core of this role.
The role is initially for 1-2 days per week during only our annual programme (November – June), however may be extended further after this initial period and lead to a full-time role.
The remuneration will be £150.00 per day based on 16 hours per week and 50 days per year.
This list is intended to reflect, in outline, the responsibilities of the post holder, which may change over time:
A) Preparing the Programme (Friday) – Preferable
(The team member is expected to attend each Saturday session while the programme is running, with the occasional Sunday as necessary in addition to, or instead of, a scheduled Saturday)
- Visiting the site of the programme the day before to prepare as necessary
- Arrange a time for any students to meet on the Friday before the programme day should they need to
- Prepare technology learning tools (e.g. Tablets) for the programme days – i.e. charge devices and load curriculum
- Collect food and drop off at the site of the programme ready for the programme day
- Coordinate programme meals with food providers. This will be a mixture of sponsored food and paid-for food
- Co-ordinate times for facilities, classrooms, sports fields, and assembly halls with the school or site hosting the programme
- Assist with any mentors, ambassadors, teachers, guest speakers or planned workshop arrangements as necessary
B) Running the Programme (Saturday) – Essential
- Arrive before all students and mentors to set up for the day
- Deliver the programme for students and mentors
- Manage the student’s inspirational talks which typically take place in the morning before the studying starts
- Wrap up each day with a recap video, speech or game
- Ensure that the students are on time, engaged, respectful, excited and enthusiastic for the day
- Manage discipline and attendance throughout the programme (roll call, student interviews mid-way during the programme)
- Organise the sporting activities at the end of the day involving students and mentors
- Pack up, clean up to schools/site expectations, and store all One Degree equipment safely
- Proven track record of project/event management skills
- Proven ability to liaise and build relationships, leading to successful project
- Excellent presentational skills – both verbal and written – and proven ability to work with students and teachers
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to build networks and make effective contacts and connections
Email CV to [email protected] if you would like to send us more details.