March 2018 Newsletter
Our Spring programme is all that stands between our students and an A-C grade!
Read about our final 8 sessions and our post-programme events…
1. FINAL 8 SATURDAYS – Sessions 14 to 21:
14. 21 April 2018 – Maths
15. 28 April 2018 – English
16. 5 May 2018 – Maths
17. 12 May 2018 – English
18. 19 May 2018 – Maths
19. 26 May 2018 – Maths
20. 2 June 2018 – English
21. 9 June 2018 – Maths
Mentors still needed! Choose your sessions HERE
2. ANNUAL VOLUNTEER DINNER
Giving you lots of advance warning this year so that it can be a solid date in your calendar…
Please join us on the Thursday, 7th June from 1830 at Hungry Donkey in Aldgate for our annual Volunteer Dinner.
- Date – Thursday, 7th June 2018
- Time – 1830 for 1900 – 2130/2200
- Venue – Hungry Donkey, 56 Wentworth St, London, E1 7AL
- Cost – First 20 tickets are FREE, thereafter £10 pp
- Booking – As a small charity with limited funds, we need to book your place to guarantee a night of fun!
Book your early bird place at our mentor dinner for free HERE
3. WANT TO JOIN US AT THORPE PARK?
Would you like to join us for an end of programme celebration at Thorpe Park?
- Date – Sunday, 24th June 2018
- Time – 0900 mentor collection in a coach from a location TBC
- Cost – Book now and we can get you in for only £25. Otherwise on the day it would cost you £49 – £65.
- Transport – this will be included for free if you book with us for £25
- Booking – As a small charity with limited funds, we need to book your place to guarantee a day of fun!
Book your early bird Thorpe Park ticket for only £25 HERE
4. YOUTH SUMMER WORKSHOPS
Our interns Jasmine and Jabba will be running a series of summer workshops in August 2018. If you would like to offer your services during August by way of job shadows, work experience, internships, career mentoring or being a guest speaker during our workshops in a specific field or profession please contact Jasmine on [email protected]
5. ANNUAL STUDENT GRADUATION
Back by popular demand…
This year we are going to have an afternoon of not just certificate presentations and speeches but also a private area for us to enjoy our own ten pin bowling alleys, table tennis, pool, arcade games, and of course food and drink!
A day to celebrate, in true party fashion, the dedication and hard work of our 2018 students.
- Venue – Private area at Namco Funscape, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Rd, Lambeth, London SE1 7PB
- Date – Saturday, 8th September 2018
- Time – 12noon to 5pm
- Cost – Early bird tickets before 1 May 2018 are only £5. Tickets after 1 May 2018 – £15. All tickets include lunch and activities
Additional donations always welcome!
Book your early bird ticket for only £5 HERE
AND…Student Art Auction is still LIVE!
Help our students raise money for their graduation!
Here is how you can get involved:
- Choose – choose your favourite piece of student art work
- Bid – place your bid price along with a comment on which piece you are bidding on (numbered 1 to 6)
- Receive – The highest bidder will receive the artwork at the close of the auction