Becoming a One Degree volunteer mentor is extremely easy and there are many willing existing mentors available to help you out and lend advice.
The steps below will guide you through what to do next.
If you have any questions about any of the steps, any concerns you wish to discuss before applying, or you’d simply like to chat about where you can best help first:
Register Your Details
If you’re ready to begin the process, simply fill in the form below or here (if you are having issues with the website form).
Please note:: All the information listed in the below mentor registration form is required, however we will not make contact with your chosen referee until speaking to you. All requested information must, however, be filled in to be fully registered.
If you’re still thinking about whether mentoring is right for you, fill in the short form at the end of this page and we will send you more information.
If you are ready to forge ahead, there are other things you can do while you wait right now:
- Choose mentoring dates here – you can choose your weekday and Saturday mentoring dates from January to June 2024!
- Help us complete a DBS check for you by preparing the documents outlined here with One Degree recommendations here.
- Choose the topics you are happy to mentor here.
- Take a safeguarding course (1 hour online recommended) and complete your safeguarding statement (for both in-person and online) here.
- International online mentor agreement here.
Help in other ways:
- Read the latest mentor updates/newsletters here.
- If possible, get your company to match your volunteer hours via a financial equivalent donation.
- Join, tag & share your story via our other social media networks to help promote One Degree – Facebook; Twitter & Instagram.
- Receive our charity updates and connect with other professionals and our One Degree supporters network via our public LinkedIn group here.
- Join our ‘private mentor only’ LinkedIn group here and receive One Degree session updates, meet-ups and social event updates.
Still Thinking About It?
If you’re thinking about becoming a mentor, but not 100% just yet, why not sign up to receive a bit more info?