How One Degree Works
Our course, which runs for up to 25 sessions annually per school, comprises two linked programmes (up to 10 weekend sessions in autumn and 15 in spring), attended by the same students. It is hosted either at the participating school or at a One Degree base, depending on the locations of the participating schools.
Our first aim is to improve students’ GCSE grades. We achieve this in the following ways:
- Up to 5 hours of study time per session with an emphasis on Maths and English (includes exam technique, planning and confidence).
- One mentor per four children (enough one-on-one support while still encouraging group work, discussion and participation).
- One fully qualified external teacher per subject (mentor support and current curriculum knowledge, plus fresh insight and a new angle on their studies for students).
- A series of mock exams (practice, focus and confidence).
- Inspirational guest speakers (aspiration, team building and leadership activities)
If you would like students from your school to get involved in the next available One Degree programme, contact us now!