How One Degree Works
Our course, which runs for up to 12 to 20 sessions annually per school, comprises two linked programmes (up to 8 weekend sessions in autumn and 15 in spring), attended by the same students. It is hosted either at the participating school or at a One Degree base, depending on the locations of the participating schools.
Our first aim is to improve students’ GCSE grades. We achieve this in the following ways:
- Up to 5 hours of study time per session with an emphasis on Maths and English (includes exam technique, planning and confidence).
- One mentor per four children (enough one-on-one support while still encouraging group work, discussion and participation).
- One fully qualified external teacher per subject (mentor support and current curriculum knowledge, plus fresh insight and a new angle on their studies for students).
- A series of mock exams (practice, focus and confidence).
- Inspirational guest speakers (aspiration, team building and leadership activities)
If you would like students from your school to get involved in the next available One Degree programme, contact us now!